Thursday 27 October 2016

Short Film Textual Analysis

I've decided to look at some already existing A2 media films to gain some inspiration and some possible ideas. One film that I found featured something that I thought worked really well, and would fit with my film because of the modern theme. The whole film itself does not relate much, but one scene in particular does. The whole film is embed below with a screenshot of the scene I like:





















As  you can see from this scene, the computer screen he is looking at is visible on the screen. Its a camera angle from inside the computer, showing the characters face as he works. I think that for my production, this would work really well because my main character will be spending a lot of time talking to a boy in a chat room, and a lot of character development will be built around these conversations. However, I have absolutely no idea how to do this, and so a lot of research would be needed to look into how to edit a piece in this way. As the editing process approaches, I'm planning to carry out a lot of research on these type of editing techniques to see what could work for my film.


I also went on to look at another A2 film. This one doesn't relate to my film in terms of the plot, but most of it has been filmed in the dark and the lighting still remains good, so it relates to mine in that way.

The genre of this film appears to meet mostly thriller, with the girl being followed home by a random person. This is how I want mine to turn out, and so watching films similar to them has helped me picture mine. I'm going to have to do a lot of research into the lighting to ensure that if I do record my film in the dark it can still be seen. Also, the general feel of this film is good, and makes it all appear very sinister and strange. This is exactly how I want mine to turn out, and so creating a dark theme is very necessary.

Reflective Comment:
This task was very useful as it allowed me to look at products that are similar to mine. The first short film helped me to gain inspiration about how to best modernise my film. The second one was good to look at in terms of the lighting, because its something I'm worried about and watching a film utilise the lighting so well gave me faith that in can be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment