Monday 12 December 2016

Lighting Experiments

My bedroom is where most of my production will be filmed, so I decided to experiment with some lighting. I only have one lamp that I can use to do this, so this is the key light in terms of three point lighting. I couldn't change the brightness of this light, so instead I changed the angle at which it points into the scene. Below, you can see a slide share with three different pictures with the lamp at three different angles. In my production, my main character will be laying on the bed on the laptop.



The first picture in this slide share shows the lamp shining onto the scene in full view, lighting up pretty much everything. Considering the theme of my film, this type of lighting is not suitable as it doesn't create much of a dark sinister atmosphere. The second picture is more darker which looks better, but the third is the lighting I've decided to go with. To create this, I turned the light of the lamp so it was facing more of the wall, meaning that a small glimpse shines only on where my actress will lay. Because she will be on the bed, no visible shadows are created so I do not need a fill light. The darkness in her room can also relate to pathetic fallacy to represent her mood and help create the scene.

Reflective Comment:
The experiment was very good and needed in preparation for my filming. Experimenting with lighting at different angels and with different levels of brightness has helped me to create and visualise how this scene will unfold. I plan to begin filming soon and create this scene in this lighting. Test footage is planned to best posted soon to see how this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment