Tuesday 13 December 2016

My Characters

As the filming phase of my production gets closer, I've decided to do a post on who will play the role of my characters, and why I've decided to use them.

Heidi Cooke as Clare (main character):



Heidi is playing the main role of Clare. Although Clare is the main character, throughout the film she does not actually say too much, because most of her conversations are had online and her quietness helps build her character. Because of this, the role of this part doesn't represent too much of a challenge as the main aspects relate to staying serious throughout rather than having long conversations with people. Heidi agreed to play this character and we plan to do some test footage soon to make sure she is capable of playing Clare.




Mandy Coe (my mum) as Clare's Mum:


My Mum is playing the role of Clare's Mum. To make this character as realistic as possible, I had to use someone of a suitable age. Using one of my friends would have worked but would not have made much sense as they wouldn't look old enough to act as Clare's Mum. Because of this, I spoke to Mum about the role and she agreed to take on the character. More speech is involved with Clare's Mum's role, so like with Heidi I plan to do some test footage to give my Mum practise and mainly to ensure she is capable of becoming this character the way I need her to.




Me as Tom/Murderer:
Tom's character is not very prevalent throughout my film. He is seen once in his bedroom with a hood covering his face and on his laptop talking to Clare. He is also seen at the end running over to Clare's dead body. Because of his little prevalence, I didn't see the point in finding someone to cast as him, due to the fact they would only be needed for very small amounts of filming. I've decided to act as this role, and to also play the murderer who stabs Clare in the alley. During the scenes I'm in, I'm going to use members of my family to help operate the tripod and camera in the correct way to ensure that the scene still works well even without me in control of the camera.

Reflective Comment:
This post moves me closer to my filming phase now I have came to a decision on who will be my actors and why. I think that I cast the right people for these roles, and even if I didn't the test footage I plan to do will help me understand whether or not I need to consider re-casting at all. Also, if my role as Tom and the murderer does not work I have people on standby who can step in if needed. I think this post was done well with the right amount of detail as to why these people are playing the roles in my production. To improve, I could have possibly included some test footage within this post but I plan to do a separate one containing this.

1 comment:

  1. interesting and reflective planning for cast - MAKE SURE THAT YOU ALSO ADD SOME OF EACH INDIVIDUAL IN COSTUME AND THE INTENDED LIGHTING/LOCATION TO THE BLOG to show production control

    Also please add a timeline for filming so we can be sure you can manage it in the time available to you

    ReplyDelete