Thursday 9 February 2017

Foley Sounds

Now that I have all of the scenes for my film completely done, I have begun to think about the sound effects that I will need. I've decided that the ending scene in my film after Clare dies will have sad music playing and so no sound effects will be needed for this. As for the rest of my film, there are some scenes were I require some sound effects, and my first aim is to try and create them myself.

  • Message sent sound: As Clare sends each message to Tom, I want to try and have a sound that acknowledges that the message has been sent. With the iPhone, there is the familiar 'swoosh' sound which would be ideal. However, using this would be copyright and so I am going to look into creating my own, or if I can't finding a free effect online.
  • Message receiving sound: As Tom replies to each message I want to have a sound of Clare's laptop receiving that message. Again, I can't use any already existing ones as this could class as copyright, so I will try and find something that is 'royalty free; or attempt to create my own.
  • Stabbing sound on Clare: When Clare is down the alley she is stabbed by who we assume is Tom. To make this scene as realistic as possible, I want to try and create a sound of this stabbing to shock the audience. After looking online, I've found that there are some royalty free sounds of someone being stabbed, so this is an option for me.
  • Footsteps: I've noticed that throughout my film there seems to be a lot of silence, and so adding in simple things such as footsteps will help bring it all together and make it seem more real. These will be fairly easy to create as I just have to record steps on whatever surface the character is walking at the time.
Reflective Comment:
Looking at the foley sounds for my piece has helped to move me forward with completing my film. With these considered, I can now begin to try and create them or if not look online to find them. To make this point better I could have included examples of the sounds, but it isn't easy to embed them from the internet without downloading them and I don't want to do that until I'm sure of what I need. Overall I think this post works well by talking about the different sound effects I need and how I'm planning to create them.

No comments:

Post a Comment