Thursday 16 February 2017

Music

With all of the filming for my production now completed, I've moved onto looking at the sounds that will feature throughout, specifically music. The last 30 seconds of the film features Clare's dead body along with her Mum standing at her gravestone. In the background of these scenes, I had always planned to have a guitar playing some sad music to help emphasise the emotion within these scenes. There are many ways I went about trying to do this.
Firstly, I began doing some research online into royalty free music, meaning I could use it without having any copyright issues. After looking online for a while, I managed to find many websites that offered copyright free music, however the style and sound of the guitar work didn't quite match what I had in mind for my production, and so I decided not to go with this idea.
Instead, I began having conversations with my Dad, who can play acoustic guitar, about what I wanted in my film and how I wanted it to sound. We then spent time on his guitar trying to create what I wanted (him playing with me constantly talking about what I wanted changing to fit my production). After a while, we were able to come up with some guitar work that could feature at the end of my film when we see Clare dead. I am not entirely sure which one I will put in my film yet, and so as I starting point I have embed them all below within SoundCloud.



Reflective Comment:
I think that having music featured in my film that I have helped create myself will work a lot better for my production because it is much more of what I wanted and sounds exactly how I imagined it rather than having to use a piece from the internet that sounds very different. To improve this post, I could have perhaps include more of a variety of sounds with the guitar tracks, however I need them all to sound similar so that they fit the scenario my film has created.

No comments:

Post a Comment