Tuesday 28 February 2017

Film Poster Draft 2

Today I spent some more time working on my film poster and have created a second draft to move me forward with this part of the ancillary task. I did some quick research online to see what my poster was missing to make it look more conventional. I used this poster below as an example just to notice some of the general conventions a poster has. As you can see from my first draft here, the poster I have already created follows the conventions of having the actors names at the top, the background image as the general location, and the main actors/actresses edited onto that background. My title is also in large font and stands out. The one thing my first draft didn't have that this poster and most poster do have is the small text at the bottom which is hard to read as it is squashed together to fit. This text normally goes through the studio names and distributors, as well as mentioning all the actors in the film and everyone who worked behind the scenes to help produce it. This was something I decided to add to my poster, as well as changing around with the font to help create a second draft.


The second draft for my poster is below:

























Reflective Comment:
I think that I am making good progress with my poster and I think that the next post of it is likely to be a finished version as there isn't much else I can do to improve it. Obviously I will need to continue to play around with things like the font and size to ensure that it looks as good as it can, but generally it is nearly finished. My next steps with it are to get some audience feedback so that I can see what people think of my poster and if they see it as looking real and believable.

No comments:

Post a Comment