Wednesday 2 November 2016

Possible Locations

My film plot can be seen by clicking here.
By familiarising yourself with this plot, you will probably realise that their aren't a large number of locations used. I'm going to use my house to show Clare on her laptop, which is easy for me. When it comes to her meeting up with Tom in the woods, I'm going to struggle with the lighting as I do want it to be dark to create a more sinister atmosphere, but due to the lack of lights in the actual woods it is probably going to be very hard to achieve and do well. Because of this, the location I may use could be an alleyway with a street lamp in it. This would mean the lighting would be easier because the actual area of filming would be lit up. I'm going to visit both of the locations in the dark and assess which one would be better for me. Below, you can see pictures of my the woods (Mousehold) which I obtained form Google Maps, and a possible alley way that I went out and took myself, in case the lighting in the woods fails.



I honestly think that I will end up adjusting my plot and using the alleyway as a meet up point for Clare and Tom instead of the woods, simply because the lighting will be much better and will make the quality of my film a lot better. The woods is probably a better idea in terms of location and would work in the daylight, however I think that a murder scene in the daylight wouldn't create the same fear and tension as it would in the dark. I will decide later, but the alley will most probably be used. Looking at the idea of semiotics (the study of signs and symbols that create meaning), I can relate the locations to this study. For example, the location of an alley way in the dark represents the idea of danger and lack of safety. Also, an alley way in the dark is usually seen as being quite scary and somewhere that people wouldn't want to go. This can also help build my character as it represent her naivety and the lack of understanding she has of danger due to the lack of care her Mum has shown her over here life.

Reflective Comment:
I've known in my head where the locations of my film were going for a while so it was good to get these ideas into a post. I think that having two possible locations for the murder scene of my film is actually a good thing because it gives me the variety and freedom of choice to decide which one works better in terms of the atmosphere and lighting. To improve this task I could have actually gone out to take some photos of the woods in Mousehold. However, I couldn't see the point in making the journey when I can get the images through the internet, and I did go out to the alleyway and use my iPhone to take the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment