Friday 23 September 2016

Target Audience Primary Research

Here you can see the survey I created through the website SurveyMonkey. This website was very useful to create a survey as it was very easy to use and allowed me to develop each questions just as I wanted. It is embed below:
Create your own user feedback survey

My survey results are what I expected. The results are embed in a slideshare below:
There was a mixture of males and females who filled out the survey, which doesn't effect my desired target audience as the film I'm planning to make will be suitable for both.

For my second question about age, the main people who filled out my survey were aged 15 - 18, which is ideal as this is who I plan to aim my film at as they are the more younger generation. There was also then a mixture of people aged between 19 - 21 and 22 - 25, and very few between 26 - 30. People of these ages could enjoy my film, but as I'm planning to aim it more at people who are 15 - 18, it is good that these were predominantly the users who filled out my survey.

For my next question, I asked whether or not the people had seen the film Unfriended, or FriendRequest. I decided to ask this as these two films are the closest things I could find that relate to the film I'm planning to create. Both of these films are aimed at the younger generation of people, so the question worked with the relation to people aged between 15 - 18. The results for this question showed that more people had seen Unfriended, but a lot of people had seen both. There were then some people who hadn't seen either, who I think were definitely the older people who filled out my survey as these films are not aimed at them. I would think that most of the people aged between 15 - 21 had seen these films which is good because it means they must of shown some interest in the content.

I then asked them how they rated either of these films if they had seen it, and the majority of people rated it 3 stars, with a few people rating it higher. This shows that not many people thought these films were much more than average, which could mean that the content or ideas of these films aren't enjoyed as much by the younger generation. This is useful for me because it means I know now that the content and ideas of my film have to be good and original to be rated by my audience.

My final question asked if people would be interested in watching my film which would be very similar to these ones and containing modern day characters. Most people said maybe rather than yes. There were a few who said no, but I can assume that they were the older people who weren't interested in these type of films as they are not aimed at them. The fact that most people said maybe shows that they are not completely interested and so again I would really need to develop the plot and ideas of films to make sure they are worth watching.

Target Audience Primary Research from Coey1611

Reflective Comment:
This was a key piece of research for me and really helped shape the desired target audience I have. I used a lot of different forms of presentation software in this (SlideShare, SurveyMonkey), so its also helped make my blog more interactive. The task itself proved what I already knew that the type of film I'm planning to make will be primarily enjoyed by the younger generation. Analysing survey results helped me to see how many young audiences were interested in modern films involving the use of social media, and how in demand they are. If I were to improve this task, I'd of liked to include more questions to further break down the interests of my audience. Having said this, the questions I did ask were good enough to find the key research I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment